Top 10 OSHA Violations for 2016
Thursday, November 3rd, 2016
Top 10 OSHA violations for 2016:
Every October, OSHA releases its preliminary list of the 10 most frequently cited safety and health violations for the fiscal year. The list is the result of nearly 32,000 inspections of workplaces by federal OSHA staff. Once again for fiscal year 2016, fall protection violations are at the very top of this list with just under 7,000 violations for the year. This marks the 4th year that fall protection violations top the list.
The following is the full preliminary list:
- Fall Protection: 6,929 violations
- Hazard Communication: 5,677 violations
- Scaffolding: 3,906 violations
- Respiratory Protection: 3,585 violations
- Lockout/Tagout: 3,414 violations
- Powered Industrial Trucks: 2,860 violations
- Ladders: 2,639 violations
- Machine Guarding: 2,451 violations
- Electrical-Wiring Methods: 1,940 violations
- Electrical-General Requirements: 1,704 violations
This list presents the most common workplace hazards and is a good place for employers to start when it comes to finding and fixing hazards.