Prep for a Safe Summer this National Safety Month
Tuesday, June 21, 2022 Emily Cook
How to Prep for a Safe Summer this National Safety Month
- June is National Safety Month in the United States.
- All workers need safe environments.
- In this post, we’ll explain why National Safety Month is important, how to educate yourself, your colleagues and family, and provide tips to help you in your everyday life.
What is National Safety Month, and Why Does it Matter?
Founded by the National Safety Council, National Safety Month is recognized every June for workers in the U.S. The annual observance started in 1996 to promote safe behaviors in the workplace that prevent injury and death. It is also a great time to educate workers, especially those who face safety hazards that tend to cause unintentional injuries.
Every day, millions of Americans travel to work and school to develop their careers and better themselves and their families. We now recognize mental health in the workplace, so it is imperative to remember the ways we show up physically.
Every week in June, the NSC picks a topic to highlight “leading causes of preventable injury and death so people can live their fullest lives” (nsc.org).
Suggestions for National Safety Month
- Learn about safety methods specific to your industry, and always ask questions
- Be proactive- anticipate potential risks and disasters. Examples of preventable injuries are included in 2022 National Safety Month, as seen below:
- Week 1- Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Week 2- Workplace Impairment
- Week 3- Injury Prevention
- Week 4- Slips, trips, and falls
- Implement safe practices at your workplace and at home
Every day is a chance to expand your knowledge and awareness of workplace safety. By focusing on safety, you can save yourself and others from possible harm or injuries that can last a lifetime.
If you find yourself questioning your safety practices, or sense a potential risk, Safety Badger is available 24/7 and equipped to assist you with expert advice to help you reach the highest level of compliance. For reliable safety solutions at your fingertips, contact safetybadger.com.
- “National Safety Month - June 2022”, National Today, https://nationaltoday.com/national-safety-month/
- “June is National Safety Month”, NSC, https://www.nsc.org/work-safety/get-involved/national-safety-month
Work With OSEAContact Us Today!