Making the Best Out of Quarantine
Thursday, August 6, 2020 Ariana Naumovski
It’s been four months since the World Health Organization declared a pandemic of COVID-19 virus. With lockdowns changing the way we live and work, many Americans quickly became bored and depressed. However, stores and restaurants have been slowly opening up more and more to allow us to get out of the house and socialize a bit more. But it might not stay this way for long if a second wave of the virus hits. Scientists are predicting more and more that there will be a more serious second wave to hit Americans soon.
With that in the back of many people’s minds, the dread of being stuck back at home is haunting us. Being quarantined doesn’t have to be such a boring and dreaded thing if you keep your day structured and busy. Below are some ways to keep yourself off the couch, away from social media and active, occupied, and accomplished now, if, and when we have a second wave of COVID-19.
- Read the book you’ve put aside to read for “when you have time”
- Get access to millions of books in the National Emergency Library
- Pick up a new hobby using YouTube tutorials
- Create YouTube tutorials for others to use
- Plant a garden
- Get active with at-home workouts that don’t require equipment
- Declutter your home and garage with these organization tips
- Take a hike
- Get your finances in order
- Make some extra cash
- Boost your resume by taking LinkedIn Learning courses
Quarantine doesn’t have to be boring as long as you take advantage of your free time and do the things you’ve always wanted to do. Create a schedule for yourself. Make sure you wake up at a reasonable time, stick to your work schedule, and set some time aside for your own personal or professional development.
Work With OSEAContact Us Today!