Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over
Wednesday, July 26th, 2017
Drive Sober – or Get Pulled Over
Here are some staggering statistics according to MADD (mothers against drunk driving)
- Every two minutes, a person is injured in a drunk driving crash.
- Every day in America 27 people die because of drunk drinking crashes.
- An average drunk driver has driven over 80 times under the influence prior to their first arrest.
- 50 to 75 percent of convicted drunk drivers continue to drive on a suspended license.
- Taking a cold shower or drinking coffee will make cold or wide awake and still drunk.
What are some things you can do to help yourself and fellow drivers/passengers on the road?
- Always have a designated driver, and have a plan B if that driver decides they would like to partake in
some adult beverages. Plan B could be a taxi, Uber or having someone on deck for a ride.
- Make sure you allow for ample recovery time. If you stop drinking at 2am and leave for work at 6am
you may still be intoxicated.
- Be aware of prescription medications you take. Some medications (especially painkillers) could result in a DUI.
- If you see an impaired driver on the road, contact local law enforcement.
- If you are with someone who is about to drive while impaired, take their keys and help them make other arragements