Winter Driving Safety
Monday, November 26, 2018 Natalie Salem
A few weeks ago, the OSEA Corporate office and surrounding areas of Buffalo, got their first taste of what this winter may be like. Snow can be a ton of fun when talking about skiing, snowboarding, sledding, and many other winter sports, but when it comes to driving, the snow can become deadly. Here are a few tips to stay safe when driving in the snow:
- Always accelerate and decelerate slowly and leave a lot of space between yourself and the car in front of you so you have ample time to stop.
- Always wear your seat belt!
- Always remain aware and focused on your driving and the road
- Always be prepared with an emergency kit in case you get stuck or stranded.
- Avoid fatigue. Try to be as rested as possible before driving in wintery weather so you can be alert and focused on your driving.
Just remember to always drive slowly, cautiously and be prepared to not be able to stop. Check back next month where I’ll go into detail on what should be in your emergency winter driving kit!
Work With OSEAContact Us Today!